Pages

5.09.2013

Ireland // 2.


I was sitting here thinking, gosh I hardly took any photos of Ireland.. and then I got on my computer, and I decided that I was just kidding. However, most of the good ones will come when I return to the states and get all 4 billion rolls of film developed. Plus, the real action is in our homemade video, found here, anyway.
Mac & I decided we needed a mini vacation before our classes here on study abroad started.. so we flew out a few days early and journeyed over to Ireland for a few days of GREEN! We stayed in Cork, which was perfect. I'm pretty sure we never saw another tourist the entirety of our stay.  
We took the bus out to Youghal on the coast.. IT WAS PERFECT.
And sooo windy. So perfectly windy.
This was the abandoned beach that we attempted yoga on... fail.

I love this girl, couldn't ask for a better travel buddy.
This whole little village of Youghal was awesome, we hardly saw anyone out and about.. it could have been because it was raining, but it felt like a real life cultural experience hangin' out in the countryside by our lonesomes! The few people we ran into were pretty neat, the butcher gave us some great directions to the bus stop... in a nice THICK Irish accent. 
GREEN.
Cork was just as charming, it reminded me so much of Prague. Except a lot smaller.. so like the village version of prague... full of just as many intoxicated hilarious human beings. Though unlike my visit to Prague, we had the best Irish FOG!!!
And really, what's better than fog? If it's gonna rain, we might as well have those low clouds roll in.

1 comment:

Chere said...

Your pics are awesome!! Glad you two took the detour!