Pages

6.03.2012

Versailles.

Gorgeous Saturday afternoon in Versailles. Versailles was exactly what I expected it to be.. over the top awesome. Not only is it beautiful, it was practically a tour on the set of one of my top three all time  favorite movies. Marie Antoinette. Which I've probably seen over 30 times... so this place was already feeling preee-tay familiar. That plus I also felt like I was was a contestant in the tri-wizard tournament trying to find my way through the huge hedges. What more could I ask for? Two favorites in one!
The morning started out wandering through Paris in search of a working Metro (they all seemed to be closed down for some reason...)
Hello Notre Dame.
Jumped on the Metro & BOOM. VERSAILLES!
We didn't have much time, but I really wanted to visit
 the gardens & the Petit Trianon, the home of Marie Antoinette! 
LOOKIT ALL THE GREEN!
Marie Antoinette's little village.
Ladies, I'm telling you. Brother Nicola. Best travel companion.
Speaks fluent French, WILL travel the world his entire life.
He's really smart & he'll probably end up being a bajillionaire.
Now taking applications to be his girlfriend.
Harry Potter Hedges. bahah
COOL RIGHT!?
The Grand Canal!
And for you MA lovers.. we figured out a flaw in the movie... tis impossible to see the sunrise from the angle it was filmed at. BOO UNREALISTIC!
Altogether fantastic afternoon. Saturday evening to follow in tomorrow's post. 
I TAKE TOO MANY PHOTOGRAPHS!

3 comments:

lindsay ivie said...

I'm insanely JEALOUS. Everything looks so fun!
Oh, you AND your brother are babes. :)

taylor morgan said...

TOO JEALLY.
and seriously..
lindsay is right..
you and your brother look like possibly the hottest two over there
(besides jb of course... but he is in spain now... so you and nicola can have the top 2 spots)

Chere said...

Love the pictures of my two awesome kids! Your landscape pics are amazing - so beautiful. Miss you two!