Pages

3.24.2012

More HP Lovin'

Is it really any surprise that I am once again going to post about Harry Potter?
What else is more worth my time!?

Tonight I got together with some of my most FAVORITE people from High School. (Ladies, if you're readin' this, SHOUT OUT! gemme some love.) We spent our High School AP Literature class relating every & anything to J.K. Rowling's masterpiece of a series. With that said, you can imagine (no really you can't) the EMOTION felt as we got into a full on HP lovin' discussion tonight, a plethora of screams, gasps & yelling at each other. Ultimately, we ended up watching hours of youtube footage.

Favorite line from the clip within a clip? "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not lived at all." typical profoundness from Rowling. If you're anywhere near as big of a fan, the whole thing will continually give you goosebumps.

Now, please. Go to this youtube playlist. Enjoy the interview between Jo & Oprah. It was mostly wonderful because they're practically equals.. at one point Jo starts asking OPRAH the questions... who does that!? How I never saw this in the past? I do not know. I won't lie, there was one point in the interview when I may have starting crying just THINKING about the possibility of a continuation of the series, though it's not likely, I'm pretty sure I'd drop to the ground sobbing my eyes out if it was ever announced (can I get a, "yeah you would chels."?) There aren't words to describe how much I love this series, and this interview. The fan Jo mentions at the end spoke in my behalf. 
"J.K. Rowling, YOU are my childhood." (Let's be honest, if I were to actually run into her... I'd stammer out sobs, while my entire body shook... not that perfectly phrased line!)

& once you've watched that, you won't want to stop. Here is another hour+ of HP. 

To Abbey (who was in attendance) you have GOT to read these books. (I know, right? WHAT?!) ... McKeon said it best. "It's like the church, you think you're fine without it... until you find it!"

 ...I could write about Harry Potter all day, but I'd rather go read it.

4 comments:

McKeon said...

You could definitely say I'm pretty excited about finally being included in one of your blog posts! And I've decided I want to be in more of them, so that just means we'll have to see more of each other. Thank you HP for bringing old friends together...it's like he's freaking magic or something

Anonymous said...

Love this! Thanks for the shout out, Chels. I'm so glad you came over and shared your passion of Harry Potter with me. Although I was not involved with the AP Lit discussions and have (sadly) not read HP, I'm a fan! I love the quote you shared in your post. It was definitely my favorite one from the interview. Anyway, I feel like I could keep commenting and commenting . . . So I'll refrain from doing so. What I'm really trying to say is that you should come over more often, so I don't just communicate with you through blog comments. (By the way, your enthusiasm brushed off on me. Once the semesters over, I'm opening up the HP books. If there anything like the movies, I'll love them.)
Love, Abbey

Anonymous said...

Dear Chelsie, I AM COMMENTING ON YOUR BLOG SO YOU KNOW I READ IT!!!!! And I feel like I should comment on this specific post because I was a part of this magical night. I LOVE Harry Potter. And of course I LOVE YOU!

Love, Kenzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness . . . I just read through these comments (so glad all three of us officially read your blog), and apparently I didn't proof read. There. I meant they're. You wouldn't think I'm going to college. Anyway, so good to see you today, Chels! Love ya!
Love,
Abbey