Pages

2.21.2012

Monte Cristo Sandwiches.

Soundtrack: Embrace Me - Greg Laswell

A couple weeks ago... we had these a few nights in a row, we couldn't help it! 
Too easy, too delicious! I told everyone on facebook all about dinner.

And so, as requested:

recipe for the most scrumptious 
(not Disneyland, but close) Monte Cristo Sandwiches:



What you'll need:
- thickly sliced bread (I use sourdough usually)
- slices of turkey & ham (deli-style)
- provolone or swiss cheese
- powered sugar
- fruit jam (I use raspberry)
- butter
- eggs
- milk
- salt

To prepare:
- sandwich together between bread: 2 slices turkey, 2 slices ham, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices turkey, 2 slices ham
- mix together 3 eggs, 1/4 C milk & dash of salt (enough for about 4 sandwiches)
- place sandwich in mixture, turning on each side until soaked into bread 
- place sandwhich in frying pan lined with butter
- cook until each side is golden brown & cheese is melted

To serve:
- sprinkle with powered sugar
- dip in fruit jam


Still nothin' beats the monte cristo waiting for me in New Orleans Square in the beloved Disneyland, though this version is a close second (much healthier too, seeing as it's not deep fried).

My only request? If you throw some together, tell me how they turned out!
P.S. sorry for the lack of a better photograph, I'm usually so on top of these things!

No comments: