Pages

9.04.2011

The peach pie you would kill for.

ahhemm, excuse me, attention readers.
above is a photo of just about the most delicious chilled peach pie you shall ever lay eyes on.
(kellie pie hi holds the record for best hot peach pie of course)
& because I am feeling overly generous, also I believe that this peach season that is now in full swing should be taken advantage of to the fullest of possible extent, I am posting the recipe to one of my mother's finest creations.

but first, you will adore my new shorts that I recently purchased from anthro for the small price of $19.99.
 you will also adore my beautiful brother nickolas, who is single & in need of a girlfriend.
(he'd kill me if he saw this, but really if you're even semi interested send me a message)

okay, now that you have done so, you may have the recipe for the melt in your mouth delicacy of this summer-not-quite-fall season.

Ingredients:
1 cup Water
1 cup Sugar
4 T (heaping) Corn Starch
1/4 cups Fresh Lemon Juice
1 pinch Salt
1/2 stick Butter
6-9 whole Peaches, peeled & sliced

1 whole pre-cooked 9-inch pie crust 
(Not giving you the recipe for this part! TOO GOOD too secret.)

Preparation Instructions:
Combine water, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice & salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk until combined. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thick & almost hard to stir. Remove from heat & add butter; stir until melted & combined. Add peaches & gently fold to coat. Pour into precooked pie crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours to set.

Top with whipped cream & serve. (don't fool around with cool-whip! get your homemade stuff out!)

Next step:
LET ME KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT!
enjoy (:

No comments: