Pages

7.27.2011

J.Crew had a sale.

& oh how they had quite the SALE.

It became quite a problem really. You see, when I was living in California I acquired quite the shopping addiction. Though who can really blame me? When you've grown up in an area lacking suitable shopping centers, moving to Southern California kinda does a number on you. Let me give you an idea of what I'm talking about here. 

On a daily basis, when I say daily I mean every single day, I passed four exceptional malls... twice, once on my out & another heading home again! As I left San Clemente on my way to work in Aliso Viejo, I would pass The Shops at Mission Viejo, which had to be the least of the appealing malls in the area, though it is still better than any found here in Utah! Following work I would travel to school in Costa Mesa, right there next to New Port Beach. As I was on the freeway I had the option of stopping in the Irvine Spectrum, which happens to be the home of the Anthropolgie I found myself in nearly every day after school, sitting on the couch for four hours at a time reading the interior design books, listening to the above average musical collection & inhaling all sorts of delicious aromas. A little further down the freeway was an exit for Fashion Island, a favorite among locals & tourists alike! To top it all off I passed directly by the world renowned mall of all malls, South Coast Plaza. Do you understand now? I go from a barren wasteland of full priced items to the promised land. The stores are large & numerous, consequently as are their sale racks. I can't think of the last time I bought something full price, I am a bargain shopper through and through. Oh the low priced, high quality items I bought! It sent me into an absolute frenzy! With all these options would you have the self control and strength to turn down a plethora unheard of DEALS!? 

Needless to say, in addition to all other expenses, moving back to Utah was the best thing I've ever done for my bank account. However, online shopping still seems to have its hold on me. It helps that I no longer am sitting through three hour classes daily, rarely listening & frequently shopping via iPhone. I was doing just fine until a so called "friend" of mine lead me astray by posting a link to the grandest of sales on my FB wall. He is the culprit in getting me hooked once again. The only problem was my lacking fiances. Fortunately I just happened to find an unused Visa giftcard while frantically fumbling through my wallet & bank accounts for some "spending" money. Initially I had about 10 items that were unbelievable deals. $160 dresses for $15! I was able to narrow it down to two must haves:

This Boatneck Sweater 
(I live in the state that chooses to be a frozen wasteland  practically 75% of the time... totally justifiable)

& yet another Gingham shirt... because they're expensive & this was CHEAP!

& then I stopped right there. Are you proud? I know my mother is.
The J.Crew sale of the year. All sale items and additional 40% off, free shipping on all orders, & I stopped at two items. Go chels, go.

1 comment:

Kelsi said...

Chels. I just love you. :)