Pages

3.06.2011

Frogs & snails.

Soundtrack: Catherine Feeny - Mr. Blue

Perfect ending, to a perfect weekend. Around 10:30 tonight, Mims came into my room asking me to join her on a walk through the rain. In reality it was more like a fine mist, tickling our faces as we strolled down the street. We quickly discovered that the roads were covered in hundreds of snails & made a game of trying to avoid them. Have you ever stepped on a snail? It is arguably one of the worst occurrences ever. You can feel their fragile shell crush beneath your foot, not to mention the cracking sound it makes. Awful. Anyways, we walked for a mile or so, successfully avoiding the crushing any helpless slugs. After dancing in the intersections for a bit, we turned back toward home. Between chasing the sounds of croaking frogs & watching the steam roll of the pavement, it could not have been a more serene experience. That was only until we were deep in conversation about previous "first snows" that I unexpectedly smashed a poor soul & couldn't contain the shriek that escaped my mouth. Utterly disgusting. To this second I can't get the sound out of my head, still makes my stomach churn. Though, an hour after leaving we walked back into the house, sopping wet, curly hair, completely content.

No comments: