Pages

2.02.2011

sabato contenuto.

soundtrack: rilo kiley - it's a hit.
the saturday night previous to this one, I sat on a couch in anthropologie for several hours, reading. to say I wasn't totally and completely content, would be an absolute lie. to start, that store, the very essence of it, can be described as nothing short of wonderful, between the selection of music & wisps of fragrance in every corner, the atmosphere is nigh perfect. I read completely through, three select interior design books. "Domino: The Book of Decorating", "Etcetera: Creating Beautiful Interiors with the Things You Love", & a third, though I can't remember the title. this brought all sorts of prudent excitement & daydreaming. needless to say, all I can think about these days is a) getting married, b) purchasing an apt/home c) filling the interior of that said space & d) having little children in that beautiful space, run around in their smaller than average H&M metro clothing. dont freak out, I don't want this all immediately, d will preferably come significantly later than a. but for now, that's all I can think about. Between spending my weekends as stated above & watching my most favored channel on the television, HGTV (Dear Genevieve is the best show EVER, blast to the past - 'Trading Spaces' designer) my thoughts dont wander far from this subject at any given point throughout the day. In addition to these books, I also picked up "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin, just 20 pages in, I already felt happier. So far, brilliance. I instantly whipped out my smart phone, pulled up my favorite app, amazon shopper, bought it for 12.47 complete with shipping, instead of paying over 25.00 at anthropologie for instant gratification. I'm excited to see where it takes me & if any of you want to borrow it when I'm finished (may be a while seeing as I have work/school for 13+ hours a day) I bought a hardcover copy so it should last through several borrow-ee's.

1 comment:

Erika Rae said...

One. LOVE the new blog. You're gonna need to teach me some stuff. I literally spend hours trying to change a small picture.
Two. I WANT TO GO TO ANTHROPOLOGIE. I totally think about all that stuff and it makes me SO excited. ps. I want to look at that book someday. Love you.